19 October 2011

Danfo

Am not trying to be cocky or proud here, buh its been a while since have seen the four raggedy corners of a danfo (public commercial bus), on this fateful day i was actually forced to enter one, Going to spend some time with my sister and i was unfortunate enough to seat right in front beside the driver, i so wish i sat in my favourite position (last row beside the window) it would have saved me from experiencing coronary thrombosis ( ;) i used a dicko :p ) , so after waiting aimlessly at various bus stops all for the purpose of filling up the bus, we eventually set out, oh boy if only i knew i would left my ass at home.
In my present on going life i have had my excessive share of terrible drivers, i mean drivers who are bent on committing suicide who have made a pact with the devil to take at least 15 people along with them, so here i was in a danfo headed for cms from alausa ikeja, all in all i thought we had a sane driver that was till we hit the famous 3rd mainland bridge and he decided to show his skills, and please wen i say skill i dont necessarily mean running aimlessly @160km/hr, cos it would have been way better if that was what he was doing, but the driver took it upon himself to outdo or better put as outperform all my expectations, my guy decided to drive with no hands (fucking psycho), the highest no of digits that touched the steering wheel was "A FINGER", it even sounds ridiculous to me as am writing, like driving with no hands wasn't enough he kept turning back to have meaningless conversation with his conductor, and everyone in the bus was oblivious to what was going on in front cause there was a demarcation, i tried talking sense into the driver once, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on him, it was like pouring petrol on his already inflamed ego, so i decided to keep quiet and pray steadfastly to God.
Okay its time to lie, and as we were going, a mercedes benz car flung itself in our front all in an effort to avoid a cat on the bridge, our driver suddenly lost control of the bus which got our bus swerving left and right with people screaming jesus, but alas it was to late, i felt some unidentified matter engulfing me forcing me, taking me to its depths that was right after the loud GBOSA of our bus hitting the bridge's barricade, i felt myself loosing it, gasping for life as i gulped down scrupulous amounts of water, i could feel the water filling me up with people screaming and shouting for help, something deep withing me told me i shouldn't go down without a fight, all of a sudden i felt a sudden calm, i proceeded to break the window on my side with my elbow and the glass gave way instantly i started swimming before long i was standing right on one of the supporting pillars of the bridge, @ that particular point i knew i had lives to save, so i dived back into the lagoon, swam back to our vehicle broke the back window and i went about my business carrying each passenger safely to a column of the bridge eventually i had 13 people including the driver and conductor on 8 columns, the next step was the laborious part, i got my inspiration from spider man, i was like what would spidey do B-) , i carried each passenger on my back and i climbed the bridges column till i got back on top of the bridge, and i did that for all the passengers, when we were all safely back on the bridge, i thought to myself 'we gats reach our destination', so i dived back into the lagoon and brought the bus back with me to the bridge, then all the passengers boarded back, then i drove them safely to cms :D .

And the time is 3:25am with me lying in bed and as usual no light.